A department of transportation in the southern United States needed help sending data from its 150 individual roadside traffic data collectors to its traveler information system boards. The sites included a 250 mile stretch of major highways, alternate routes on minor highways and areas of various work zones.
Transportation systems need to provide travelers with real time information, and LTE routers can provide more reliable, high bandwidth, wireless data communications anywhere there’s cellular service. Where mobility is required, cellular routers provide that, too. Versatile and wireless, LTE routers simplify communications with remote locations and equipment while simultaneously providing them with enhanced capabilities.
The department decided to implement Advantech’s SmartFlex LTE Router with PoE/PoE+ support in its traffic data collector sites. The SmartFlex LTE router provides secure Internet connectivity for devices and LANs via cellular networks. It can be used to provide automatic wireless fail-over for wired networks, wireless connectivity for devices in remote locations where cable connection are impacted and wireless connectivity for mobile assets.
Modular LTE Router with SmartWorx Hub
- LTE cat.3, 3G/HSPA+, GPRS/EDGE, NAM, 2x SIM
- LTE B2, B4, B5, B13, B17
- 2x Ethernet port with PoE support, DIN rail mounting
- Powerful CPU and Memory, Hosting of SW IoT applications
- 5x ETH, PSE PoE+, PoE+ IEEE 802.3at & 802.3af on 2x ET
- GPS, USB, I/O 2x DI + 1x DO, MicroSD
- Operating temp. –40 °C to +75 °C, Power supply 10 to 60 V DC
- Certifications: CE, FCC/IC, AT&T, Verizon
- Advanced networking, Diagnostics, VPN support, Firewall